Lucky 7 Meme, 11 Questions, Tag! You’re It
If you haven’t heard of the new phenom Lucky Seven Meme, please let me enlighten you.
Some of my quirky friends have developed the concept to share quotes from a current WIP and tag 7 authors to do the same. I’ve been tagged.
Here are the rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they’re written.
4. Tag 7 authors, and let them know.
My quotes from Whatever Goes Around, the next book to be published in the Brands Crossing Series:
When she pulled into the circle driveway in front of her sister’s house, she felt a wave of nostalgia sweep through her. The gracefully aging pink, brick Georgian framed by majestic red oaks, maples, magnolias and pecans stood proudly on a carpet of Asian Jasmine looked the same as it had when Grampa Will and Belle lived there. In the last four years since Maddie and her family moved there, however, Claire could count on the fingers of one hand the times she’d visited.
And whose fault was that she wondered, if not her own. She had let her intense dislike of Maddie’s husband Fletcher Fairchild, keep her away.
“Hey, Maddie,” she said in a too-cheerful voice when her sister opened the front door. She hugged her sister and was shocked by the feel of sharp, brittle bones instead of the soft curves she remembered. How long had it been since they’d shared more than air kisses at holiday gatherings?
Dressed in black cropped pants, a plain white cotton shirt and black flats, with her long dark hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail, Maddie looked a lot like Mary Tyler Moore on those old Dick Van Dyke show reruns. But, instead of her usual dancer’s grace, her movements were choppy.
Trying to regain her composure, Claire looked around and abundance of chrome, glass, streamlined black leather and geometric shapes and decided it reminded her of a modern art gallery. Or an upscale law firm.
Belle’s lovely watercolors were replaced with black and white prints and the centuries old wood floors were covered with gray and sepia and white rugs. Instead of family photos, metal sculptures and architectural shapes adorned shelves and tables.
Fletcher’s stamp was on everything and Maddie’s personality nowhere to be found. This was like Sleeping Beauty’s castle during the hundred years of its curse and Maddie was the one enchanted.
I’ve also been chosen to carry on the 11 questions game. In this game:
1. you answer the questions posed by the one who tagged you (Rachel Funk Heller) on your blog
2. create eleven new questions to ask the people you tag
3. tag eleven people and link to them
4. let them know you’ve tagged them.
Here are my answers:
1. What is your favorite cruciferous vegetable? Cauliflower.
2. At what age did you realize Santa Claus, might not be real? What! He’s not real!
3. Where is the worst place you have ever made whoopee? A tent on a camping trip.
4. What is your favorite rodent? Prairie dogs.
5. List your five favorite letters of the alphabet? WRITE
6. If you could be a Spice Girl, which one would you be? Posh of course.
7. If you were a super hero, what is your super hero name and your special power? Poly Girl. Could detect when someone is lying.
8. What is your Drag Queen name? Take the name of your first pet, and the name of the first street you lived on. Snowwhite Hamilton.
9. Boxers or Briefs? Boxers
10. You’ve just made an embarrassing fast dash into an elevator car, after you make it and the door closes, you are panting and out of breath, you look up and there is your favorite celebrity of all time: what do you say? Absolutely nothing. But I do raise my hand in a wave and smile sheepishly.
11. What is your favorite Halloween costume of all time? A box with cutouts for head and arms and a light bulb attached to my head. Thinking outside the box.
Here are my questions:
1. What is your favorite decadent dessert?
2. What would you love to say to someone who comments on your weight or age?
3. Who did you go with to prom and what was one song you danced to?
4. If you could perform on a reality talent show, what would you do?
5. If you were a dog, what breed would you be?
6. Imagine the perfect vacation spot. Which celebrity would you want as a companion there?
7. If a genie popped out of a lamp and granted you three wishes, what would they be?
8. Which color best represents your personality?
9. You just won the lottery. To whom do you make the first call?
10. If you made a u-tube video, who would be the star? What would he/she/they be doing?
11. What is your favorite fitness workout?
The people I’ve tagged for 7 Meme and 11 Questions:
Don’t forget, my ebook, Thicker Than Water (Brands Crossing Series), is free for the next 5 days during the KDP promotion at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Thicker-Than-Water-Brands-Crossing/dp/1453772936/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333455647&sr=8-2