Thanks to The BIG Exciting WANA1011 Blog Fest
Never thought I’d be pulling out the piece of paper to thank everyone as I accept my award.
This morning I clicked on Ginger Calem’s blog titled The BIG Exciting WANA 1011 Blog Fest –and there my was my name: As one of the winners of the Liebster Award.
Thanks Ginger. And thanks to all the WANA 1011 tribe.
A little background on this. As Ginger so eloquently explained:
First, you might not know what ‘wana1011’ stands for so let me clarify. A group of 100 writers took a blogging/branding online workshop with the social media Goddess herself, Kristen Lamb. The class is based on her book We Are Not Alone (wana) and we were the class from October (10) 20(11). There is also a wana711 class and one that just started, wana112. We are ALL in this together! How about a group hug!
Since taking this amazing class, we have all seen such great success in our blogs and have made amazing connections in the exciting world of social media.
To spread the blog love collectively to fellow wana1011 classmates, Ginger and four of her friends (also WANA1011 members), Karen McFarland, Fabio Bueno, Louise Behiel, and Jansen Schmidt, cooked up this blog fest to pass along the following great awards.
One is the Liebster Award (see above), the other is the Versatile Blogger Award.
As with any award, there are attached responsibilities. In this case winners link back to the wonderful person who awarded you the blog.
Thanks again Ginger.
Then you get to share 7 random facts about yourself. I know you can’t wait to hear all about me.
1. I had to climb a tree and crawl through my dorm room during college when I missed curfew and the doors were locked.
2. I won the Betty Crocker Award in high school. Anyone familiar with my cooking and housekeeping skills will be shocked by that one.
3. I was a majorette (twirling that baton) with my high school marching band. I also played french horn–not so skilled in that area. At a concert competition, the band director told me to fake it–don’t play it.
4. I sang with a girl’s quartet in high school–The Donnells. I also briefly shared a mike (on separate occasions) with Deana Carter and Jessica Simpson. Scout’s honor, it’s true.
5. I hiked up the slippery slope of a MOUNTAIN (others called it a hill but I know it was thousands of feet high) to a waterfall in Kauai.
6. Among my favorite cars is a Karmen Gia (Spiffy), an 89 Volvo (Valerie) and a Volkswagen Jetta (Gretta). All those cars make it into my novels.
7. I played Asheron’s Call and World of Warcraft (multiplayer, online, fantasy computer games). It was all research for my novel Thicker Than Water (Brands Crossing Series). But I was no slouch with a sword, I’m telling you.
Then, the best part is that you have the fantastic opportunity to pay it forward and pass along your award to other WANA 1011 bloggers you would like to recognize. So now, I would like to award the Liebster Blog to:
Diane Capri has published several books including Carly’s Conspiracy (Judge Wilhelmina Carson Cases) which has made several best seller lists. Thanks also for suggesting I join KDP Select.
Debra Eve published Late Bloomers: 35 Folks Over Age 35 Who Found Their Passion and Purpose. Debra was the one of the first in our group to try out KDP Select and showed the rest of use the way. Thanks Debra.
August M McLaughlin has completed two novels: In her Shadow and Beauty Complex. Thanks August for all your supportive comments on my blog.
Here you go ladies. Display it with pride.
The best part is that you now have the fantastic opportunity to pay it forward and pass along your award to other bloggers you want to recognize.
Remember all the responsibilities I mentioned above in the blog.
Once again, thanks to all the WANA 1011s who have made such a difference in my writing life and thanks to Kristen for showing us the way.
It’s a BlogFest after all. Let’s all celebrate together!!
Posted on January 6, 2012, in Book Recommendations, Uncategorized, Writers, Writing and tagged august m mcclaughlin, august mclaughlin, Debra Eve, Diane Capri, fabio bueno, ginger calem, jansen schmidt, karen mcfarland, kristen lamb, louise behiel, sharon k owen, wana 1011. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.